There is a revolution underway, in business, government, and education, people are challenging the “gospel,” thinking the unthinkable, and achieving the impossible.
Behind it all are people who have a passion for excellence.
In A Passion for Excellence, Tom Peters describes and illustrates how successful organizations create and sustain their competitive edge.
From chicken to grocery stores, airlines to pizza, textiles to the City of Baltimore, Tom discusses how care of customers, constant innovation, and reliance on creative contributions from all hands mark each enterprise.
Even where "it can’t be done" - in down-and-out industries and big bureaucracies – distinguished performance is achieved, the clear result of superb leadership. In this classic best-selling program, Tom Peters highlights the creative methods and accomplishments of some of these “hang tough, never-say-die” individuals.
- You will hear about Air Force Ret. General Bill Creech who motivated airmen into being better maintenance and support people through the use of medals, medallions, and flags.
- You will hear about Baltimore Mayor Donald Schaefer who “sold” potholes to promote city restoration… and much more!
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Target areas of individual competence that determine long term excellence
- Foster superior, unswerving customer service
- Encourage and support creativity, innovation, and risk taking
- Promote caring leadership as an inspiring model of superior performance